The wraps and stuff like that 8 of 8 series
Part 8 of 8: The Wraps
We took a long, long journey through the detestable things we can do that God doesn’t like…. He hates them. Yeah hate is a strong word. A really really strong word but it is what God feels about the things I have been blogging about for a long time.
So, for a quick review here they are:
- Haughty eyes (arrogant eyes)
- a lying tongue (a tongue that lies)
- hands that shed innocent blood (hands that murder the innocent)
- a heart that devises wicked plans ( a heart that hatches evil plots)
- feet that runs toward evil (always stirring up trouble)
- a false witness (a mouth that lies under oath)
- one who sows discord among brothers (a troublemaker in the family)
I have had some time to think through this list of detestable things to God… and discovered something interesting…
The list above is presents the following issues to Christians
- They share a poor witness example of who Christ is to others.
- They will be major distractions for our own spiritual walk with Christ.
- They are issues we first contain in our hearts that eventually work their way into our day to day lives and actions..
I am not sure if this list and recent blogs post upset you, offend you or simply aren’t a big deal to you but for me they are a warning from the Bible for me to make sure I am not allowing Satan to tempt me to begin thinking, then harboring and eventually revealing these things in my life… if nothing more than it effects those around me but also puts distance between Jesus and I.
Please reread the blogs… and evaluate things on a personal level then make the time to communicate to Jesus about your weaknesses and your strengths in order to be forgiven and to continue growing as a Christ follower…
I am praying for us, to be more like Christ and less like the world.