I think we all know of the book resource “would you Rather…” if not it is a book that youth leaders can use as discussion starters. It poses a would you rather question. For example.. would you rather be eaten alive or Burned at the stake? then the answers can be discussed to see why.
I thought of a few to challenge you with: Would you rather be
- working or on vacation?
- have it be Monday or Friday?
- be married or single?
- have children with one income or no kids with dual income?
- be in skinny due to food allergies or heavy due to working out?
- sleeping til noon or waking up at 5am? sorry this is a poor one I know….. lol
What is your answer and why? I must admit it is a trick question… there really isn’t a correct answer unless you say both matter?
the Book of Psalms chapter 46 verse 10 says, “Be still and know that I am God.” You might be thinking but I am not a religious person… so that doesnt have to impact this verse. You might be thinking what does this have to do with a would you rather Game? well I am not sure I can say it has a ton to do with it but I can share this thought….
How would our life be if we stood still for a moment… yes pondered the questions…
- Would I rather be looking at Monday or Friday.? I would say Monday it is my day off… and I would say Friday, it starts my work weekend… the time I get to hang out and connect with people… so both answers offer me opportunity.
- married or single? I am married and my life is more complete with a spouse but in my singleness it was a time of growing and complete as a single person, both are wins based on my attitude towards them.
I want to encourage you the reader to be still and know….. Be still and know you are::
- the best you the world will ever know
- in the process between life and death.. do something with it
- you matter to people who you would consider not being an influence on
- you have gifts and talents unique to only you.
- you are one choice away from great victory or great defeat
- you are YOU>>> that is the best You to be
I am not in anyways saying I have come to completeness in this area of my life… I am middle age, balding guy, with four kids and allergy to both milk and gluten and never met my great grandparents (my parents were 45 when I was born.. Yeah they were nuts).. it is a challenge people… but I am working to spend more time being still and less time running at 100 miles per hour…
tips… take a walk just to walk.. spend sometime listening to your favorite song just to listen.. do some cross-fit… who am I kidding.. just skip that one…
BE STILL AND KNOW>…..