Role Reversal? Say What?
Role Reversal….. I think this is one of the biggest, most complicated issues in leadership; Primarily in reference with adult support doing what you want them to do or not!
So is the issue here with the adult volunteer or staff person or YOU?
I would tend to say it is more driven by you than them, not always but let’s start there.
We tend to have roles for people to serve due to:
1. a lack of interest on our part.
2. a need for help
3. your sr administration or pastor tells you to
4. You have parents to help but keeps them away from you
Whatever the reason you have people really doesn’t matter. What matters is how you equip them to serve (help)
Here are a few things to consider:
1. Do you have accurate job descriptions?
2. Do you have the appropriate tools for them to accomplish the task at hand?
3. Do you have a plan for growth?
4. Did you and are you praying for God to bring the correct person for the role?
5. Does the role and need fit into your mission and vision statement?
and How will this person(s) help move things toward that goal?
6. When do you need the role filled?
7. Who will be overseeing and training this person?
8. How long will that role need to be filled or expanded?
If our position allows us the ability to add and multiply staff and service opportunities we need to be diligent in doing the work before they come in-order to have success while they serve to eventually add additional personal for them to oversee.
If we invest the time in the front end we will be able to produce fruit in the end…
Please take time to prayer, plan and prepare.. it might be the difference between success and failure.